Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Slow Down Now

I am a person good with words but bad in dealing emotional tussle in relationship coming daily in the life.

Life appears fast now days. Time to see back and observe becomes short each moment. I now understand why Ghazals, photographs and family history become common discussion topic with old age. They provoke the slow resurrection of the emotions deeply embedded in the memories and heart.

This blog is dedicated to those living life more slowly. Its aimed, but not limited to, those of us grinding along daily in India. I make no claims to be a blogger extrordinaire. These are simply my thoughts regarding this new and exciting movement and how we can apply its principles in our every day lives.

Most of my friends don't talk about caste, religion, war, life and universe because they consider it as irrelevant to their life. Good for them. But, I refuse to see only these topics as events, Root cause analysis can only give me more understanding about myself, these topics and human nature.

Human nature is so unchanging that we are designed to do same mistakes again and again. The same circle of violence, discrimination, war and greed has hunted down each generation. I feel that deep down consciousness, there is nothingness only. There is no future and there was no past, only our notion of unchanging present. My life means nothing and conscience is an animal instinct...

Slow Down Now, fast forward does not make life new. Its hollowness of our mask of perfection, or holiness, to cover up for sinful human nature. Death is only last end in this circular design of life. I am a creature full of desire, aversion and ignorance and that is bounded by subtle sufferings that occur in day to day life.

A wise man had said that all of us had an unspeakable secret, an irreversible regret, an unreachable dream and an unforgettable love in the life.They say that age gives us wisdom and slowness but actually have ever seen as old donkey? Wisdom never comes with age, only nostalgia we got in the end...

7 comments:

  1. A poor life this, if full of care,
    We have no time to stand and stare.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very aptly said and written....with time nostalgia is the only companion we have...we might earn a lot of wisdom with time and age..but at the end of the day we are ruled by memories and nostalgia accompanying it..keep posting ur thoughts..really a good insight

    ReplyDelete
  3. Senor Ramirez, so true words. Life seems more formality in action...

    Pranshu, I always say to myself : 'Where is the life, I have lost in living ?'. This job turning me into zombie. And only nostalgia of lived life and unachieved dreams. To heck with this life !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you come across a saying which goes like this? - " Life is too short to be walking quickly " I like it a lot. I also like your writings and I feel that I am reading the work of a future famous author!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anubhava, Thanks for such moral boosting words. I didn't know that quote before. Thanks for sharing it with me. And don't say heavy words like 'famous author'. Harper lee is my role model, I hope will write one good novel one day. And I will recognize that you were the one who spotted my talent so early :) .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, I take back the word "famous"and stick to only the "author". My "anubhav" tells me that many a talent die an unnoticed death if not noticed and encouraged at the right time. So it was my effort to let a young man like you know that and appreciate your writing skills and tell you to persist with it. By the way Harper Lee is a great combination of style and simplicity for readers who understand.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anubhava, You came back again. I was not expecting that. Pleaseant Surprise . I don't know how much should I write before becoming more original. Currently, My writing is influenced by most of the things I read rather than what I feel.I am missing the command over language. You have to wait rather long in years for a good stuff from my side. And talent does not die, talented person just quit. With yours encouragement, I will persist...

    ReplyDelete