Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Do the Right Thing - 2

A man far greater than you or me, Mahatma Gandhi gave us a talisman “Recall the face of the poorest and weakest man you have seen, and ask yourself if this step you contemplate is going to be any use to him.

I see this line in class 1st in ncert books.
I was able to read this line in class 3rd in Hindi book.
I understand true meaning of these magical words at this phase of life.
I don't know when I will feel those words ?

Leave this idealistic talk one way, be practical for a while. FYI, I have done a small share of mine social responsibility. I have just taken fees burden of Sruthi [Profile] completely and Hemant [Profile] partially for this academic year. This is made possible through a NGO, Sankalp Foundation. I had enquired about this NGO completely before helping the students in their educational endeavours. Arun Tangri [CSE-06, ITBHU] is the person who had arranged all the formalities and meeting with the parents of Sruthi and Hemant.

Reason to take credit publicly in blog is simple. I want to show you a way through an example. I am just a person like you, a earning member of society. If we could donate just 1% of our annual income towards good causes, our society will become a better place to live for us and others. Please invest (not spend) your hard earned money or precious time to make life better for others. A helping hand by you is really a great help for someone.

Kindness in words creates confidence, Kindness in thinking creates profoundness, Kindness in giving creates Love.-Lao Tzu.

7 comments:

  1. You are doing gr8 things. Now u r a pproaching to love (According to Lao Tzu).
    Kudos to u..:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. boss thanks for kudos. I am doing just a part of small part of mine duties.In तन, मन & धन , I have helped others by money only.. rest two are still future goal. I hope that you could also help other-- A central government employee i.e. DRDO scientist, an earning member of society.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will definetly do it..

    There is ' Will' because till now I have not joined.
    Once I will join in december, I would love to do this noble deed... :)

    Happy Independence Day.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey lot of time you have.. use it for yourself. This idle time will never come. And in between which city are you joining ?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am trying my best to use this time.

    My training will be in Pune for 5 months. After this, city will be decided.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Came across this blog just today... that was truly a great gesture from your side to have come forward and help the needy ones even when I slacked a bit from my part...

    Good work bro!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Arun Sir, u are Catalyst and I am just reactant. I will stand with Hemant and Sruthi this year also. Just mail me when the new school session will start. Thanks for pat on the back but you also deserved it.

    ReplyDelete