Sunday, September 21, 2008

Welcome to Azamgarh

Do you know any city named Azamgarh?
Off coarse, you will be briefed by various news channel telling Azamgarh as den of terrorists. Azamgarh, a small sleepy town in eastern UP, is under scanning again, for all the wrong reasons in national bulletins. But,my amazement to these lies in the fact that this city is mine hometown.
I will give you 3 links to understand the unique background of this place.
1-Azamgarh in Wikipedia
2-Azamgarh in Government website
3-Azamgarh in Historical Percepts

Few days ago, I was tracing the roots of cultural,political and social fabric of this district.I have not lived at this place from my birth. My paternal side belongs to Azamgarh and maternal side belongs to Mau (a district formed by the division of Azamgarh in 1988). Still, except my father all my relatives are in these two district.This place really is far beyond any city in India at least 20 years.

Azamgarh backwardness lies in the mindset of the people residing there. People can't think beyond government job and mostly divert towards teaching profession. Their mentality is same as it was 10 yrs ago. Fundamental thinking here is based on, how to get a government job by any means if possible. This mentality makes the people frustrated when they didn't get a government job. Polluted politics and crime is another factor which are responsible for this worst condition of Azamgarh. Main problem is the participation of students in these act and lack of career orientation. Major cities near Azamgarh for higher education are Varanasi, Allahabad and Gorakhpur. Only few educational institutes has been opened here recently and progress is quite satisfactory. I am still working for more facts and will tell you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment