Friday, August 17, 2007

CSC



My 2nd job was in CSC.

I have got job in a company which is not mass recruiter but class recruiter. I had not attended the pre-placement presentation of the company. Only Tintin was one of the few guys from mechanical department who had attended the presentation.
In the evening, there was huge rumor or information that it is a good company offering little money but a great career ahead. I was not informed about this news till evening. Then, Hathi forced me to go for CSC. I first rejected his views on this topic. I was having knowledge of loops only in C programming and was waiting for Evalueserve. When Tintitn told CSC had acquisition of Covansys, then I was ready to try my luck. In the night, chandan and hathi convinced me fully to sit and grasp this opportunity as most of the companies are closed to me due to grades limit.

Next day was a big day; it was my father's birthday. I just went in the exam hall and gave test for non-circuit branch. Before declaration of result, I was sure enough of my qualification to next level. I have achieved it without help of any dummy. Then me and Srikant bhaiya were in same G.D. group. Our G.D. took first due to clever strategy of murali. I just wobbled in starting but finished nicely. Srikant bhaiya was best in the whole group and concluded nicely. In the evening result was out and most of guys from mechanical were selected. Mine interview was rocking one and will be part of unforgettable experiences. I was asked reason for my low grades and any breakthrough achievement. I explained to him briefly some fattas but he was not fully satisfied. Then he asked about arrears and i replied politely about 2 supplementary exams. He asked which subject and reply was MODS. He asked Dr. V P Singh taught you this subject. Then I asked him how do you know him? Surprise! He was alumni of 98 mechanical batch with CGPA of 8.47; After few more question about my abilities and change of field, the interview was over. I was more aggressive in interview trying to defend mine grades with full potential. He was bit impressed but interview was over in 10 minutes. I was thinking that interview was over for me and hence doors of company were closed.

After interview, I was discussing the encounter with Murali. He became confident and told me that I was selected. Me was not quite sure at that moment also. After 15 minutes, I was called to sign at a document for joining. I took out pen before the lady asked for it. She laughed beautifully and I just had smile of success. In short, I was selected in CSC. And a gift to my father on his birthday;

2 comments:

  1. And whats more.....we get to work together for couple of more years atleast !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fantastic read to be sure! I have worked with CSC as a Unix System Administrator for eight years now, and the hits just keep on playing!

    ReplyDelete