Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Arrival In Germany

Continuing my journey from last blog post :

I met a person named Ram at Delhi Airport. He works in Kuwait in the petroleum sector. He was an IITB alumnus- 1983 pass out. It was really pleasure to meet him. He told me that he was more interested in music than studies in his younger days. A bit off talk take place and I was informed of a most amazing fact/fiction by him; That his interview of DRDO in 1983 at IIT-B placement was taken by President Kalam who was then Director of DRDO. I was tired and slept in the aeroplane. I have reached Kuwait from Delhi at 9 am( Kuwait timings). Then, we parted without saying goodbye to each other. My next flight was at 9 AM only but it became 1 hour late. Talking about Kuwait airport, I can only say a oasis made in desert from petro-dollars. Its like barren and sandy for miles around but i do not visualize country as a part of Arabian Nights.

Then, I met a German lady [40 years of age]. She was with me from Delhi but we never talked till Kuwait. We talked about India as a common matter of dialogue between two unknown persons. Flying in aeroplane was like dream coming true for me.Watching the marvelous scenario of sky and clouds was like dream . I am not getting proper word till now for describing those moments. Clouds seem to be like a foam spread in the sky. Looking down on the land was like seeing a place through Google earth. I reached Frankfurt after a long journey of 6 hrs. The plane landed at the grand looking Frankfurt Airport. I swear that to make such airport in India will take 20 years minimum.

Suddenly, I felt that I am in Europe. I took my luggage and walked towards Long Distance Railway Station. My train journey begins towards Bayreuth at 3:30 pm Train was late 5 min. I was shocked by alien environment. Just joking; I had taken tickets of ICE, fastest train in Germany. I had to change train for Bayreuth at Nuremberg.

I wanted to write poetry first but words were not coming to me. It was like unspeakable feeling. Then, I write prose on the train. Original Uncut Version is first time revealed here for public.

"This is my first visit to any country abroad India. Germany i.e. The place where i really see what the hard work and honesty means. I am watching the beauty of nature spread all across the country. There is a perfect Harmony between men and nature. I remember a person named Bismarck of Germany. He was called as man of iron and blood. I see the iron and everywhere in the construction, in the buildings almost in infrastructure. Lot have been invested in infrastructure since devastation of his place after world war. I am also moving forward like this train as economics is not my field. I am falling short of words describing the forest and concrete jungles have mingled here in Frankfurt. Mutually bonded by sense of human spirit seems this place. How beautiful a place can be..."

I reached Nuremberg and then to Bayreuth in Bavaria state. Now my journey was nearly finished at 8 pm in the new land (and it was still evening). I was amazed to know the that sun sets at 9 pm in summer season. That was really a new feeling...

No comments:

Post a Comment